|Shot by Arden Wray during our "Victoire Summit 2015" in Samantha Pleet|
Sweet Ainslie has enviable mermaid hair and drums in her band, Sailor Jupiter. She splits her time between the Dalhousie and Westboro shops in Ottawa.
1. What is your Zodiac sign?
2. What do you do at Victoire?
Help you lovely gals find your dream dresses and outfits! Keep the shop stock in check, deliver web orders, and write some of the cute descriptions for our webshop.
3. Which Beyonce video most embodies your true self?
Blow. In a past life, I'm sure I was a roller disco queen.
4. Tell us something you picked up from your Mom.
Worrying way too much - I used to think my mom was the biggest worry wort but now I realize I am even worse.
5. Describe your perfect day off.
My perfect day off would have to be on a sunny 23-24 degree day (the perfect temperature IMO). I would wear my most favourite vintage summer dress and the day would be spent drinking elderflower cider at the arboretum or up in Wakefield with my man.
6. You are doing the slow dramatic walk down the stairs in your prom dress in a teen movie. What song is playing?
Summer Babe by Pavement. I would so love to walk down the stairs in a fancy gown while Stephen Malkmus screams "You're my summer babe!"
7. If your look had a name, what would it be?
Betty Cooper meets Ye-Ye girl.
8. Recommend something to me!
My absolute favourite magazine is called Oh Comely and I think it is one of the most beautifully done magazines out there. It's hard to categorize as it's a big mix of everything from interesting essays to beautiful photos. Each issue contains entries from different contributors that revolve around a new theme. It's a great magazine to pick up of you're in the mood to indulge your curious side and feel inspired. You can check out their blog as well for fun playlists, little recipes, and interviews with interesting people.